You don’t have to do it alone.
CREATIVE BUSINESS MENTORING and BRAND STRATEGY
for thoughtful creatives.
Are you feeling creatively stale and stagnant?
Does your business feel a bit messy? Are you worried you’ve lost your sense of direction, and a clear message along with it?
Have you just started your creative business and are feeling horribly overwhelmed, unsure of what to do and where to start?
Are you comparing yourself to every other person in your field, and don’t know how to stand out or create your own lane?
I will never pretend to have all the answers, but there are a few things I’m quite good at:
(please excuse me while I toot my own horn for a minute!)
The biggest mistake many creative businesses make is that they don’t articulate their value clearly enough. I love working out how to give a brand a clear, central message, that your audience gets.
This is why I’m a mentor, not a coach; I have lots of ideas and thoughts, and want to share them! I will also be a sounding-board for your ideas, and will always give you my honest opinion whenever you ask.
Not the physical kind, but the mess that comes when we are in our businesses for too long and can no longer see them clearly. I like structuring and organising things in a way that makes sense to those on the outside.
Understanding that sometimes it sucks
Running your own business can get a bit too much sometimes, and I will always listen and be a shoulder when you need one. I’ve been exactly where you are now, and I know how tough it is.
Here are some things we can figure out together:
* Your brand: who you are, what you do, and what you want to say.
* Who your ideal client or customer actually is, what problems you solve for them, and what they take away from buying or working with you.
* Why you are the person to help them, and what makes you different from everyone else (and how you can lean into and communicate this).
* Your products or packages, and their pricing.
* How to make your website work for you; how to structure and write it in a way that makes sense.
* How to create content your audience finds valuable and will engage with; including creating and building an email list, blog posts, podcasts, and Instagram posts and stories.
* Your working routine, and how you can be more creative and productive.
* Your business model and streams of income: what’s working, what isn’t, and what might work in the future.
*Your hopes, fears, goals, dreams, worries, doubts, niggles and triumphs.
Some things I don’t believe in:
Sleazy marketing tactics, playing on people’s insecurities and manipulative copy.
Chasing six-figures, or short-term “make money quick schemes”
Hustle, and working all hours of the day and night, all the time.
Doing what other people tell you you should do.
Waiting until everything is perfect, and trying to figure everything out in our heads without taking action.
Businesses built just to make money, that have a negative impact on the environment and those around them.
Some things I do believe in:
Honest, clear marketing and copy that creates connection and forges real relationships.
Long term, financially sustainable businesses.
Protecting and nourishing our creativity.
Doing what works for you, and how you want to do.
Taking action and trying things out. Learning from our mistakes, and not beating ourselves up about them.
Genuine, creative businesses built on real enthusiasm, real value and with environmental sustainability in mind.
I want to work with you on your business.
I don’t just want to offer platitudes or generic advice. I want to get in the trench with you.
I want to be on your team. Someone to talk to when you’re having tough day, week, or month. Someone to vent to, but also someone to take a deep breath with, and start to work through the problems you are currently facing. Someone to bounce ideas off-of, and someone to email excitedly when you’ve had a win.
I want to be your cheerleader, business partner, and supportive friend.
And while it will never be easy, at the very least you won’t feel alone in it.
“Fiona was the missing link I needed to make my website a reality and I give her so much credit for the launch of The House of Less. From the minute I started working with her, she made me feel at ease and comfortable. It never felt like an impersonal, business relationship, but rather a friendly dialogue between two peers. She has that rare ability to encourage you to open your mind and seek what it is you’re trying to put out there in the world. She instinctively asks the right questions and most importantly, listens carefully to your responses. Somehow, she magically puts it all together to create exactly what has been on your heart and mind but has felt impossible to put into words. The window she helped me open has allowed an abundance of creativity to unleash itself in my life and in my writing.
Thank you Fiona, for all you’ve done to bring my story to life. Your expertise and encouragement mean more to me than you can imagine!”
Karen Hendley | The House of Less
We can work together in one of two ways:
“You were able to take all of my jumbled ideas and form a cohesive story throughout my entire business that speaks clearly to the customers I am aiming my products towards. I feel I am now talking to one person know instead of trying to aim for everyone and anyone. If I was to recommend you to a friend I would say you are amazing at helping people to get clarity about their brand!”
Lila Marie | www.lilamariemoments.com
BUILD A BRIDGE: 6 calls over 3 months, unlimited email support, and weekly office hours.
Let’s build a bridge between where you are now, and where you want to be.
- 6 one-hour Skype calls (if you can get to Frome, or I travel near you during our time, we can have one or two in person over coffee!)
- Two weekly office hours, via Flock – an online community app. I’ll be online at two specified times a week, and you’re welcome to pop-in and chat. You can update me on what’s going on, get some quick advice, or just have a chin-wag. Whatever you fancy!
- Unlimited email access.
- Me, by your side, every step of the way (priceless!)
“Even after the first session, we had SO much more clarity (and this is our word of the year!). You have helped us step gently back from the business to view it with fresh eyes, and you’ve stepped back with us. We feel very much that you are part of our team and have understood who we are, what our business is, and what it means to us (our first baby!). Your gentle, encouraging, straight forward approach is helping us to shape the business into what we’ve always dreamt it could be.”
Sarah & Suzi | www.sarahmasonphotography.co.uk
GAIN MOMENTUM: One day, all day. You, me and our laptops, making decisions and getting stuff done.
Time to stop dithering! Let’s get together for one whole day, and figure things out there and then.
- 2 one-hour Skype calls, one before and one after our day together.
- During our initial call we will decide on three or four specific things you would like us to work on during your day. We will then come up with a plan!
- A whole day, from 10am until 4pm, working on your business, together, at my flat in Frome, Somerset.
- We could map out your entire business and brand, from products and packages to messaging. We could wireframe, draft and then even get-up a rough version of your website. We could create a content ecosystem and three month content plan. Whatever you need, and think would be the most helpful!
- A call 3 weeks to a month later to check-in and see how you are getting on, and for me to answer any other queries you might have.
This is me, so there will also be lots of coffee, a lovely lunch, and a #dailywalk to clear our heads.
“Working with Fiona really helped me move forward. After a long period of working alone on my business, I really felt like I needed to share my ideas to get them to the next level. I’d been following Fiona for a while and felt like she was just the right person for this, both in terms of her values and the skills she could bring to the table. For a day we worked together as colleagues and it felt so good! Her honest, constructive feedback, genuine interest, heartfelt hospitality and flawless ability to put things in the right words made all the difference and I feel empowered and encouraged to take the next steps.”
Marjolijn Poutsma | www.theslowlivingguide.co.uk